Let us pray to the Lord.
- Presvytera Evelyn Adams, retired from the San Francisco metropolis) who is currently experiencing some health difficulties and would appreciate our prayers. She's going in for a fifth and final shot in her lower back and very much needs it to provide her with relief. She appreciates your time and prayers very much. May our Great Physician and Lord guide the hands and minds of her health team and grant restoration of health to our dear friend and sister, Presvytera Evelyn. (posted January 3, 2022).
- Kate Stevenson, daughter of Dn. Michael and Diakonissa Evonne Stevenson of Tulsa, OK. Let us offer our voices together with prayers of supplication and healing from the Great Physician, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Their story: Our daughter Kate, is a patient at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas. She started this cancer trek four and a half years ago when she was diagnosed with Myoepithelial Carcinoma. It is a very rare cancer with around 500 patients worldwide. From day one until now her cancer has shown the doctors it is going to do “something different”. This is primarily a salivary gland tumor which will metastasis to the lungs. Well...Kate’s first tumor was in her left foot and ankle! After three surgeries in one week she was able to keep her foot, with just a small foot drop when she walks. After 7 months in Houston she was on her way to seeing cancer in the rearview mirror. At the four year mark her scans found a metastasis on her right adrenal gland. Back to Houston when her adrenal gland was removed. Hoping and praying that cancer would again be gone. Which brings us to the present. Kate is once again back in Houston...Back to MD Anderson. The cancer has metastasized to her sinus & right eye orbit. She has started a grueling 4-6 months of chemotherapy using “old school”, tried and true medicines. Prayers for Kate would be wonderful! She is very strong in her faith and would appreciate every prayer warrior she can have on her side.This is from Diakonissa Evonne, the mother of Kate. The family resides in Tulsa, OK and Kate is being treated at MD Anderson in Houston (posted October 18, 2021):
I would like to thank all for your prayers and Holy items which have been sent to Kate. Each just makes her heart happy. I am still asking for you to continue to pray for her as her Chemotherapy has been brutal. Tomorrow she will be admitted to the hospital for her next round of Chemo.
Last week's visit with her Chemotherapy Oncologist hit us for a loop! The Doctor had Kate's tumor genetically tested and well, come to find out she has been treated for 4 and 1/2 years for the wrong cancer! She actually has Metastatic Ewing's Sarcoma stage 4. The good is that there are protocols for Ewing's. They have added a third drug starting tomorrow. The not so good news is that we have lost 4 and 1/2 years that she could have been treated with chemo drugs!
Prayers and good thoughts her way,
- Fr. Dean and Presvytera Cindy, retired from the Boston Metropolis, who have both tested positive for COVID-19. Currently, Fr. Dean is quarantined at home with minimal symptoms. Cindy is in the hospital. They respectfully ask for your prayers for healing, but humbly ask to not be contacted at this time, so they can focus on resting and getting well. Lord our God, You who are rich in mercy, listen to our prayer; receive our repentance for our sins, bring an end to this infectious disease, this new epidemic, just as you averted the punishment of your people in the time of David the King. You who are the Physician of our souls and bodies, grant restored health to those who have been seized by this illness, raising them from their bed of suffering, so that they might glorify You, O merciful Savior. Amen. (posted November 4, 2020).
- PresvyteraTulla Poteres who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She is asking for prayers and, as she said, "The more prayers, the better." (posted August 11, 2020).
- Fr. George Livanos George Livanos, Presvytera Dianthe and their family. He was hospitalized a with respiratory issues and later diagnosed with cancer. He is now home with his family and recovering well. Fr. George serves All Saints Greek Orthodox Church in Canonsburg, PA. He is also the father of Presvytera Kassiani Callos and father in law of Fr. George Callos, Chancellor of the Pittsburgh Metropolis. The family has set up a Caringbridge page to provide consolidated updates on Fr. George's health, and requests that inquiries be directed through the site: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/fr.georgelivanos. We ask you to keep our beloved Fr. George, Presvytera Dianthe, and their family in your prayers. May our good and loving God grant him mercy, life, peace, salvation, visitation, and restoration of health, for the glory of His holy Church.
- Fr. Costa and Presvytera Pauline Pavlakos, who were hospitalized with double pneumonia and COVID-19. They currently serve the parish of Saint Katherine in Falls Church, VA. Pauline is a past president of the NSP. Please take a few minutes to remember them in prayer. May the healing hand of our Lord be upon them through the hands of their doctors and nurses.
O Lord Almighty, You heal all diseases by Your word alone. You chastise with pity and heal because of Your goodness. Grant aid to Your servants, Costa the priest and Pauline the presvytera, and lift them up from this bed of pain and sickness. Through Your mercy and in Your will, give health and full recovery. We ask this in Your Name.
The family appreciates your love and prayers.
- Please continue to pray for Mildred, the daughter of Fr. David and Diana Eynon, of Annunciation Church, Decatur, IL. Here is a link to an article about her and how her school is raising money to help with medical expenses: http://m.herald-review.com/news/decatur-s-daughter/article_04bebe1f-81c9-58d2-a9b4-2ee77b89cdf6.html?mobile_touch=true
- Please continue to pray for Fr. Anthony Demetri, of Camp Hill, PA, who sustained a brain injury on December 11, 2008. You can follow his progress by visiting http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/franthonydemetri. His presvytera, Eleni, wrote on November 18, 2015: "Fr. Anthony is having difficulty walking. His right leg is very weak. He is being admitted overnight for testing to make sure there has been no neurological damage that is causing the problem with his weakness on the right side. He will be receiving physical and occupational therapy and if necessary be referred for sub acute therapy to make him stronger. I will know more after all the testing has been done and will keep you up to date. Our love and prayers go out to Fr. Anthony and Eleni as tests are done and they await the results.
Forefeast of the Theophany of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Forefeast of the Theophany of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; Synaxis of the 70 Holy Apostles; Our Righteous Father Theoctistus, Abbot of Cucomo in Sicily; Nikephoros the Leper; Zosimos the Monk and Athanasios the Notary; Righteous Apollinaria the Senator; Martyrs Chrysanthos and Euphemia; Righteous Euthymios the Younger; New Martyr Onuphrios; Righteous Euthymios of Vatopedi; Righteous John Scholarios; Eustathios Archbishop of Serbia
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.