Let us pray to the Lord.
As Orthodox Christians, we are called to pray for one another. This page is our "Prayer List." Please keep the people listed on this page in your prayers. If you would like to be added to the prayer list or would like to add someone, please e-mail the name(s) so that they may be included. Please be sure to send notification as to when to remove name(s) from the prayer list; otherwise the request will be removed after 4 months, unless it is an ongoing issue. Thank you.
Please pray for:
- Fr. Dean and Presvytera Cindy, retired from the Boston Metropolis, who have both tested positive for COVID-19. Currently, Fr. Dean is quarantined at home with minimal symptoms. Cindy is in the hospital. They respectfully ask for your prayers for healing, but humbly ask to not be contacted at this time, so they can focus on resting and getting well. Lord our God, You who are rich in mercy, listen to our prayer; receive our repentance for our sins, bring an end to this infectious disease, this new epidemic, just as you averted the punishment of your people in the time of David the King. You who are the Physician of our souls and bodies, grant restored health to those who have been seized by this illness, raising them from their bed of suffering, so that they might glorify You, O merciful Savior. Amen. (posted November 4, 2020).
- PresvyteraTulla Poteres who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She is asking for prayers and, as she said, "The more prayers, the better." (posted August 11, 2020).
- Fr. George Livanos George Livanos, Presvytera Dianthe and their family. He was hospitalized a with respiratory issues and later diagnosed with cancer. He is now home with his family and recovering well. Fr. George serves All Saints Greek Orthodox Church in Canonsburg, PA. He is also the father of Presvytera Kassiani Callos and father in law of Fr. George Callos, Chancellor of the Pittsburgh Metropolis. The family has set up a Caringbridge page to provide consolidated updates on Fr. George's health, and requests that inquiries be directed through the site: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/fr.georgelivanos. We ask you to keep our beloved Fr. George, Presvytera Dianthe, and their family in your prayers. May our good and loving God grant him mercy, life, peace, salvation, visitation, and restoration of health, for the glory of His holy Church.
- Fr. Costa and Presvytera Pauline Pavlakos, who were hospitalized with double pneumonia and COVID-19. They currently serve the parish of Saint Katherine in Falls Church, VA. Pauline is a past president of the NSP. Please take a few minutes to remember them in prayer. May the healing hand of our Lord be upon them through the hands of their doctors and nurses.
O Lord Almighty, You heal all diseases by Your word alone. You chastise with pity and heal because of Your goodness. Grant aid to Your servants, Costa the priest and Pauline the presvytera, and lift them up from this bed of pain and sickness. Through Your mercy and in Your will, give health and full recovery. We ask this in Your Name.
The family appreciates your love and prayers.
- Please continue to pray for Mildred, the daughter of Fr. David and Diana Eynon, of Annunciation Church, Decatur, IL. Here is a link to an article about her and how her school is raising money to help with medical expenses: http://m.herald-review.com/news/decatur-s-daughter/article_04bebe1f-81c9-58d2-a9b4-2ee77b89cdf6.html?mobile_touch=true
- Please continue to pray for Fr. Anthony Demetri, of Camp Hill, PA, who sustained a brain injury on December 11, 2008. You can follow his progress by visiting http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/franthonydemetri. His presvytera, Eleni, wrote on November 18, 2015: "Fr. Anthony is having difficulty walking. His right leg is very weak. He is being admitted overnight for testing to make sure there has been no neurological damage that is causing the problem with his weakness on the right side. He will be receiving physical and occupational therapy and if necessary be referred for sub acute therapy to make him stronger. I will know more after all the testing has been done and will keep you up to date. Our love and prayers go out to Fr. Anthony and Eleni as tests are done and they await the results.
Nativity of the Forerunner John the Baptist
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.