Clergy-Laity Congress 2020
The 45th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress will be held at the Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland from June 28, 2020 1 through July 3, 2020. There are 4 hotel options. Please visit https://www.clergylaity.org/hotel to review your options and make your reservations. The overall Clergy-Laity and the NSP schedules will be posted as soon as they are available. Clergy-Laity Registration will also be available soon. The registration fee is $525 early bird (or $575 after May 1), $150 for retired clergy and presvyteres, and widowed presvyteres ($175 after May 1).
Presvyteres' Luncheon, Tuesday, June 30, 12 noon. The Presvyteres' Luncheon will be held at The Cleveland Yachting Club, Tuesday, June 30, 12 noon. Board buses at 11:30am. The cost of the luncheon is included in Clergy-Laity registration or is $30 per person for those not registered. Please click here for an informational flyer and here to RSVP. Please note that deadline to RSVP in Wednesday, June 17. Please click on the button below to pay for the luncheon if you are not registering for the Clergy Laity:
Clergy/Presvyteres Workshop, Wednesday, July 1. We will have a Financial Wellness Workshop for clergy and presvyteres on Wednesday morning. (Informational flyer forthcoming). Thank you to Leadership 100 for the grant underwriting this workshop.
Clergy Family Dinner, Wednesday, July 1, 6pm-9pm. The Clergy Family Dinner will be held at Windows on the River, The Flats, Cleveland on Wednesday, July 1, 6pm-9pm. Please note that this is a ticketed event and you must RSVP. Please click here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XDQTZZY) to RSVP.
BONUS! The adjacent Cleveland Aquarium will be open, just for us, from 5:15pm-6:15pm. Please contact Nicole Keares if you have questions. Please note that deadline to RSVP is Wednesday, June 17. Thank you to Leadership 100 for the grant underwriting this dinner.
Youth Program. There will be a Youth Program June 29-July 2, 9am-5pm for children of all delegates organized by the main Clergy-Laity Committee. Fr. Alexandros Petrides is planning a great week for children 4 years-12th grade. The cost is $75/day and lunch and snacks are included. Please click here for an informational flyer. The web page (www.clergylaity.org/youth) is forthcoming. We plan to have something for the PKs on Sunday evening. More details will be sent out later this spring.
SOME ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS OF CLERGY-LAITY WEEK
- Hierarchal Divine Liturgy at St. Paul Church in North Royalton, OH (Fr. Costa and Nicole Keares' parish) on June 28th.
- On Monday, we will gather in the afternoon to begin business and open nominations for the board. Please see election information on pages 10-11 in the newsletter.
- On Tuesday, we will enjoy a lovely afternoon at the Presvyteres' Luncheon at The Cleveland Yachting Club. Reservations required. Please click here to RSVP.
- Tuesday afternoon, presentation on the Clergy Initiatives Phase 2 focusing on Presvyteres and families.
- Tuesday evening will be a Congress-wide event at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- Wednesday morning, we will have our Clergy/Presvyteres workshop on Financial Wellness, a topic that we can all benefit from at every stage of life.
- Wednesday evening will be our Clergy/Clergy Family Dinner with His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros and the Hierarchs at Windows on the River in the Flats District. The Cleveland Aquarium, adjacent to dinner venue, will be open only for us prior to the dinner. The Clergy family dinner is a ticketed event. Make your reservation by clicking here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XDQTZZY) by June 17th. You must have your ticket to board the bus to the event.
- Grand Banquet on Thursday evening.
Metropolis Feud. Each meeting day, we will play Metropolis Feud (sort of like Family Feud) with the finals ending on Thursday morning! Questions relate to our lives as Presvyteres. You may complete the survey questions by going to https://forms.gle/CtKWinCCeKLdU6Q7A; completing pages 17-18 in the newsletter, taking picture of those pages, and emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mailing those completed pages to Alice Noplos, 11 Longbottom Court, Kingsville, MD 21087. We look forward to our Game Show Hostess, Alice Noplos, saying "100 presvyteres surveyed were asked . . . ." and "The survey says . . . ." It will be alot of fun!
Additional information will be uploaded as it becomes available.
We are so very grateful to Leadership 100 for their most generous grant underwriting the dinner and
workshop expenses. God bless them for their support and love of the clergy and their families.
The Holy Apostles of the Seventy Herodion, Agabus, Rufus, Asyncritus, Phlegon, and Hermes; Rufus the Obedient of the Kiev Caves; Celestine, Pope of Rome; The Holy New Martyr John the Ship-Builder who was martyred in Kos